Associations and Memberships
Sara Pedlow is an associate with Burns Fitzpatrick, practicing primarily in the areas of wills and estates, collections, insurance defence, family law, and commercial litigation. Sara has represented both individuals and corporate clients at all levels of court in British Columbia.
Sara’s varied practice provides her with a unique perspective to legal work which she relies on to offer her clients creative, practical and cost-effective solutions.
Sara earned her law degree from the University of British Columbia. While at law school, she spent three years working for the Canadian Journal of Family Law, culminating in her role as the journal’s Senior Editor in her final year. She also helped prepare the course materials for the BC Real Estate Association’s 2008, 2009 and 2010 Legal Update, and sat as a student court judge for the UBC Alma Mater Society. Sara joined the firm as an Articled Student in 2011 before being called to the B.C. bar in 2012.
- Counsel to a major Canadian financial institution in debt recovery matters primarily involving business loans, including collection of both secured and unsecured debts.
- Counsel to the spouse of a high net worth individual with numerous family assets located globally.
- Counsel to executors, trustees, beneficiaries, committees and others involved in contentious disputes relating to wills or financial elder abuse.
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Affiliate Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Director, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- Member, CBABC Women’s Lawyer Forum
- Member, CBABC Wills & Trusts Section
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Member, CDL Women’s Caucus Steering Committee
- Member, Professional Women’s Network