Associations and Memberships
Scott A. Turner is a partner at the firm and has practices in civil litigation and estate litigation. Scott works hard to ensure that his client’s goals are met as efficiently and effectively as possible, be it through mediation or negotiation, or, ultimately, at trial.
Scott’s practice encompasses a wide variety of disciplines, including contract disputes, insolvency-related litigation, creditors’ remedies, shareholders’ disputes and remedies, estates litigation, defamation, insurance litigation, products liability, trademark and copyright infringement, and professional responsibility. Scott is counsel to many of the firm’s major clients, serving their diverse litigation and dispute resolution needs. He has appeared before all levels of court in British Columbia, as well as the Federal Court and the Supreme Court of Canada, and also before administrative boards and tribunals and arbitration panels.
In addition to appearing as counsel, Scott has acted as an arbitrator in commercial matters, including shareholders’ disputes. Scott has completed the arbitration course of the British Columbia Arbitration and Mediation Institute (BCAMI), and is a member of that organization.
Scott is active in educational programs within the profession, and has written papers and given lectures for numerous Continuing Legal Education programs.
Scott completed the National Program at McGill University and received his B.C.L. and LL.B. degrees in 1987. From 1987 to 1991 he practiced corporate/commercial litigation with White & Case LLP in New York City; from 1991 to 2005 he practiced with Blake Cassels & Graydon LLP in Vancouver, first as an associate and then as a partner from 1995 to 2005. Scott joined the firm in 2006.
- Friedland (Re), 2012 BCCA 381
- Sandhu v. The Khalsa Diwan Society, 2011 BCCA 24
- Windermere Capital Funds SPC v. Canaccord Capital Corporation, 2011 BCSC 257
- Yugraneft Corp. v. Rexx Management Corp.,  1 SCR 649
- China Dragon Fund Ltd. v. FIC Real Estate Fund Ltd., 2010 BCSC 1698
- TNL Construction Services Ltd. v. Securiguard Services Limited, 2009 BCSC 546
- Boparai v. Bhullar, 2008 BCSC 1382
- Metcalfe & Mansfield Alternative Investments II Corp., (Re) , 2008 ONCA 587
- Damages and Other Remedies: British Columbia Business Disputes (CLE 2013)
- Equitable Remedies: CLE: Commercial Litigation 2009 (September 10, 2009)
- Shareholders and Corporations: Separate Legal Personality and its Consequences: CLE: Shareholders’ Remedies (November 24, 2006)
- Equitable Remedies: CLE: Commercial Litigation 2005 (March 31, 2005)
- Contract Damages: CLE: Corporate/Commercial Litigation: Advanced Issues (Part 2) (November 30, 2000)
- Multi-Jurisdictional Litigation in British Columbia, The Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia: Business Suits: Expanding Your Commercial Litigation Wardrobe (December 3, 1999)
- Short Notice Termination Provisions: How Enforceable Are They? (1999), 57(4) The Advocate 525
- Commencing a Derivative Action in British Columbia: CLE: Shareholders’ Remedies (November 1996)
- Member, BCAMI
- Member, BC Trial Lawyers Association