Associations and Memberships
Stephen Schwartz has been representing clients in the areas of personal injury, insurance litigation, commercial litigation and wrongful dismissal for more than 30 years both at trial and appellate levels. He represents individuals, partnerships, corporations and insurers, including ICBC, in a variety of disputes.
Stephen has extensive experience and expertise in shareholder and partnership disputes, real estate litigation and serious personal injury claims, including advising on claims in excess of available coverage.
He has lectured occasionally at Continuing Legal Education seminars on topics within his practice area.
He has been associated with Burns Fitzpatrick since 1988 and a partner of the firm since 1996.
- Rousta v. MacKay, 2018 BCCA 29
- Foley v. Imperial Oil Limited, 2011 BCCA 262
- Chapman v. Summer et al., 2005 BCSC 1359
- Ible v. Chirag, 2006 BCSC 1624 9
- Vista Online Ltd. v. Perreault et al., 2004 BCSC 1579
- Gourmet Gallery Inc. v. Pacific International Development Corp., 2002 BCCA 150
- Gourmet Gallery Inc. v. Pacific International Development Corp., 2000 BCCA 681
- “Intermediate Contracts of Employment“, CLE Employment Law Conference, 2010
- “Injunctions and Anton Piller Orders” Continuing Legal Education Society, 1998
- Director, Arthritis Research Canada
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia since 1988
- Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Member, Canadian Bar Association